The smallest of the DMP line, the new DMP Flex 100 is designed as the entry point to 3D printed metal manufacturing of small, complex fine detail metal parts at high quality using Direct Metal Printing (DMP). DMP Flex 100 solution features a build volume of 100 x 100 x 80 mm (3.94 x 3.94 x 3.15 in), a 100W laser, 3DXpert All-in-One Software Solution for Metal Additive Manufacturing and a portfolio of qualified LaserForm metal powders. The DMP Flex 100 offers the flexibility of manual material loading.
Now up to double productivity
Due to its higher power the 3D Systems entry level metal 3D printer now achieves up to double the productivity of its predecessor ultimately leading to reduced part costs.
Expanded material capabilities for broader applications
DMP Flex 100 metal printer has enough power to process a broader material selection spectrum including different grades of Titanium. 3D Systems offers LaserForm CoCr (B) and LaserForm 17-4PH (B) with extensively developed, tested and optimized print databases. Further LaserForm materials for use with DMP Flex 100 are in development.
Best surface finish, less supports
Now with visibly better surface finish and a surface quality of up to 5 Ra μm (200 Ra micro inches) less post-processing is required and sharpest corner radiuses are achieved. Due to the proprietary powder deposition system, the DMP Flex 100 builds down to 20° angles without supports. All overhanging surfaces benefit from the much better surface quality compared to competing machines. Less supports and improved surface quality ultimately mean less post processing and less material usage – saving time and cost. In addition, you can build parts which are difficult to achieve with other printers.
Outstanding accuracy and repeatability, finest details, thinnest wall thicknesses
3D Systems’ patented layer compacting technology allows using smaller particles, which in turn helps to generate finest feature detail available in the market and thinnest possible wall thicknesses. The typical accuracy on our small metal parts is +/- 50 μm (+/- 0.002 inches), on large parts +/- 0.2%. Repeatability from part to part is approximately 20 μm (0.0008 inches). 3DXpert, 3D Systems’ all-in-one software solution for Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM), is included with the DMP Flex 100 to ensure a streamlined and repeatable process for high quality optimized prints.
- Small, complex precision parts
- Research and development
- Simplified assemblies/reduced number of parts
- Reduced weight/lightweight design
- Enhanced fluid flow
- Topology optimization
- Mass customization
- Jewelry manufacturing
- Uses Direct Metal Printing (DMP) technology
- Available build volume (W x D x H): 100 x 100 x 80 mm (3.94 x 3.94 x 3.15 in)
- Now up tp double productivity
- Very dense, non-porous parts
- Highest precision and repeatability
- Surface finish quality of up to 5 Ra μm (200 Ra micro inches)
- Intuitive 3DXpert software for part set-up and production
- LaserForm materials with certified parameters
- Complete solution (printers, materials, software and application support)
- Exceptional surface finish and resolution
- Prints hard to build parts
- Minimal waste of materials
- Able to produce parts not normally manufacturable using traditional methods
- Fast production times
- Consistently high accuracy parts even on first-time builds
- Ease of use ‒ intuitive workflow
LaserForm 17-4PH (B)
A fine metal powder with properties like 1.2709 for direct production of tools and molds as well as high-performance parts that require high strength and hardness.
LaserForm CoCr (B) and (C)
COBALT-CHROME / DENTAL
Metal powder for highly corrosion-and wear resistant industrial parts that require high temperature resistance. Suitable for biomedical applications.