The day that no one thought would ever come, the last day of 2020 is here! This year was full of trying times and uncertainty, but it brought out the resiliency we all have within us. As we get ready to take on 2021, look back at the milestones we reached during this past year at the ACT Group and ACT 3D.
- In February, ACT Group was selected to be a member of the HP Partner First Managed Print Specialist Premier program. We expanded our portfolio to offer the new line of HP Managed devices, including the A3 and A4 Multifunctional Printers.
- Amidst lock down orders in March, ACT Group and ACT 3D remained open as an essential business to continue to serve our clients. Our office was open and continued to send out supply orders when needed. Our technicians were able to continue to service our clients on an appointment basis. We cancelled all face-to-face meetings and our sales managers were able to stay connected with clients over the phone and email.
- Adapting to the ever-changing circumstances, ACT 3D teamed up with Shawn London, MD FACEP the Program Director at the University of Connecticut Integrated Residency in Emergency Medicine to produce 3D printed face masks for local healthcare workers. ACT 3D printed the masks on the RIZE, Inc. XRize Color Printer and Rize One Monochrome printer and sent approximately 50 mask sets to UCONN to use.
- In April, ACT 3D began print for pay services to assist clients with their printing needs.
- 3D Specialist Emily Turcan presented in the Rize 3D webinar in June. The webinar showcased how 3D printing can be used to produce innovative applications for a range of academic programs.
- In August, ACT 3D partnered with scientist and designer James Weaver and produced 35,000 3D printed mask hooks for healthcare workers. The mask hooks were made to reduce the discomfort of traditional mask ear loops.
- In September, our staff continued their hard work and dedication to enhancing their skills and education. Our staff received 296 new service certifications from our partners at HP, Kyocera, and Ricoh in addition to 56 new sales certifications.
- In November, ACT Group was recognized among the Nation’s top office technology dealerships, being named a 2020 Elite Dealer by ENX Magazine and ENX the Magazine.
- Service technician Ray Meunier received 3rd place in the Kyocera Northeast Region 2020 Service Award competition.
- ACT Group received its 39th Kyocera Service Excellence Award.
We are looking forward to 2021 and all it has in store for us here at the ACT Group and ACT 3D. From our family to yours, we wish you a very happy and healthy new year!